Authentic Leadership Workshop with Steve Jarding, Harvard University, 2018 Edition
8:30 am to 6:00 pm
July 20, 2018
Romanian Banking Institute, 3 Negru Voda street, Bucharest
+40 73 73 70 79 1
The workshop will provide answers to several critical questions, in an engaging and open setting:
- What is true leadership? What makes a leader? How can one become a leader?
- What is the difference between a leader and a manager?
- How does a leader motivate others? How does a leader communicate ideas and inspire action?
- What helps a leader stay grounded? What is responsibility?
- What are the main challenges of today’s global world? What can we do about these challenges?
- How do leaders communicate effectively? How do they message to different audiences?
- How do you write a great speech that moves hearts and inspires minds?
The target audience for this remarkable event includes: executives, civil society leaders, public servants, journalists, and aspiring leaders.
Steve Jarding, Lecturer in Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, is recognized as one of the world’s top experts in communication, campaign management, and strategic leadership. In 2016, Jarding was voted Teach of the Year at the Harvard Kennedy School. He has lectured or consulted in over 25 countries in Asia, Africa, South America, and Europe, and has won an impressive list of US Senate and gubernatorial races. In 1996, Roll Call magazine named Jarding one of the most influential political people in Washington, and in 2002 The New York Times Magazine profiled Jarding as someone who wins races in places he is not supposed to win. His management of Warner’s 2001 gubernatorial race was hailed as the best run campaign in America and his work in Webb’s 2006 win over Senator George Allen was called the biggest upset victory in America. In 2012, the Financial Times published an extensive article on Steve Jarding’s teaching methods at Harvard. He is coauthor of the book “Foxes in the Henhouse.”
Here’s a quick glimpse of Steve Jarding in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPFSEKgAtAw.
RISE Consortium’s “Authentic Leadership in Today’s World” executive workshop will take place on July 20, 2018 in Bucharest, Romania. Logistical details will be shared with confirmed participants. Please note that the event will take a full day (8:30am-6pm), and it will be held entirely in English.
Participation is granted to selected applicants. If you are interested in attending, please fill out the form below. We will consider applications on a rolling basis. Please note that the final application deadline is July 19, 2018.
- Early bird (apply before July 11): 98 euros
- Regular (apply after July 11): 120 euros
Note: fees do not include VAT
Event Core Partners
Event Media Partners
Event Communication Partner
Enroll in the RISE Authentic Leadership Workshop, 2018 Edition
Please fill out the information on the following form to gain access to the Authentic Leadership Workshop with Steve Jarding from Harvard University.