Michael B. MargineanuInternational Advisor - Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Life Sciences
- Science & Technology Entrepreneurship
- Project Management
- Middle East Affairs
- PhD in Molecular Science and Neuroscience, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- Visiting Research Scholar, University of Cambridge
- Master’s in Cellular and Molecular Biology, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- BSc in Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Jacobs University Bremen
Michael B. Margineanu is a biochemist and cell biologist by training, with a strong interest in science & technology-based entrepreneurship. Currently a PhD candidate in molecular biology and neuroscience at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), he is also the founder of the student-run Entrepreneurship, Business and Innovation Group (eBIG) at KAUST, and the Founding Representative of the League of Romanian Students Abroad (LSRS) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
He has extensive experience in leading projects aimed to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among university students in northern Germany and KSA. Since 2010, he has continuously interacted with entrepreneurs, education specialists, investors and policymakers.
He speaks three languages fluently, and has basic conversational and reading skills in Arabic.